It’s a battle of the big boys on Saturday night.
Heavyweights Derrick Lewis (25-7-0, 20 KOs, 1 ND) and the undefeated Ciryl Gane (9-0, 3 KOs) meet for the interim UFC heavyweight championship on Saturday night in Houston.
Lewis has something of a hometown-advantage: Fighting out of his adopted H-Town, the UFC No. 2-ranked heavyweight is looking to make his case for the top spot in UFC, en route to an elusive title win. It’s been nearly three years since Lewis was choked out by Daniel Cormier, his last — and only — shot at a heavyweight belt in the UFC.
Gane’s undefeated streak in UFC forced the promotion’s hand with an interim title fight, with no telling when Francis Ngannou might be able to take the octagon again.
With heavyweight champ Ngannou waiting in the wings for his next fight (whenever that may come), Lewis and Gane will fight to be called the best in the division on Saturday — for now.
What channel is UFC 265?
- Early prelims: UFC Fight Pass
- Prelims: ESPN/ESPN+
- Main card: ESPN+ (pay-per-view)
The UFC 265 main card will air on ESPN+, though the event will be pay-per-view. The early preliminaries and prelims can each be watched on UFC Fight Pass, ESPN or ESPN+.
What time does UFC 265 start?
- Early prelims: 6 p.m. ET
- Prelims: 8 p.m. ET
- Main card: 10 p.m. ET
The early prelims and preliminaries are expected to start at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. ET, respectively. The main card is scheduled to start at 10 p.m. ET, with the main event taking place around midnight.
How much does UFC 265 cost on PPV?
- Date: Saturday, Aug. 7
- Network: ESPN+ (pay-per-view)
The main card broadcasts only on ESPN+, with a pay-per-view price to boot:
- For current yearly subscribers, the price is $69.99 on the ESPN+ app.
- Current monthly subscribers can get UFC 264 and an upgraded bundle at a discounted rate of $84.99. They can also purchase the event itself for $69.99.
- New subscribers will be able to pick up a yearly recurring subscription and the PPV for $89.98 , a savings of more than 30 percent.
UFC 265 fight card
- Manel Kape vs. Odé Osbourne, flyweights
- Miles Johns vs. Anderson Dos Santos, bantamweights
- Victoria Leonardo vs. Melissa Gatto, women’s flyweights
- Johnny Munoz vs. Jamey Simmons, bantamweights
- Bobby Green vs. Rafael Fiziev, lightweights
- Vince Morales vs. Drako Rodriguez, bantamweighs
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Ed Herman, light heavyweights
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Jessica Penne, women’s strawweights
- Derrick Lewis vs. Ciryl Gane for the UFC interim heavyweight championship
- Jose Aldo vs. Pedro Munhoz, bantamweights
- Michael Chiesa vs. Vicente Luque, welterweights
- Tecia Torres vs. Angela Hill, women’s strawweights
- Song Yadong vs. Casey Kenney, bantamweights