● Amazon denied a worker pregnancy accommodations. Then she miscarried, reports Lauren Kaori Gurley.
● Organizing a union in a disorganized world of small restaurants, from Priya Krishna.
● The ongoing coal miners strike in Alabama admittedly hasn’t gotten enough coverage here, for which mea culpa, but check out how aggressively the major networks have ignored it:
● Sen. Mark Kelly says he supports “overall goals” of PRO Act and would consider using budget reconciliation to pass parts of it, Igor Bobic and Dave Jamieson report.
● The incalculable cost of cheap chicken—and the hidden industry that shoulders it. And what do you know, it’s at the expense of immigrant workers, Tina Vasquez reports.